Hi, my name is David Rooks and I have a 20-year-strong connection with the Island Ward community. I live, work and buy local, have raised my family here and been active in volunteering and in community leadership roles.
My goal in standing for council is to protect and enhance the community assets of Phillip Island: its natural attractions, environment, industries, and people.
I have given 14 years community service as President of the following Phillip Island groups: Kindergarten, Scouts, Tennis Club and Landcare. I work in Event Management, having owned my own event company before beginning work with Event Operations Group – a local enterprise.
My previous work includes roles in Tourism, Human Resources and Teaching; complimented with higher education studies with a degree or post graduate degree in each sector. I have the necessary skills and experiences to be a successful Island Councillor demonstrated through my work, and my commitment and service in community leadership roles.
My communication style is calm and consultative. I build relationships with individuals and groups, as together more can be achieved. Now, as an involved and active resident, I look forward to the opportunity to apply my energy, experience and deep community commitment as your Island Ward representative. As such, I will work to:
• Maintain our town boundaries from further residential development.
• Drive the implementation of the Shire’s Climate Change Action Plan
• Reinvigorate our business industry association.
• Continue the support established by previous Council for the aquatic centre, regional skate park, waste facility, sports recreational hub and cultural centre.
• Push for a network of pedestrian and cycling paths across the Island.
• Oppose AGL plans for a floating gas terminal in Western Port Bay.
Thank you for considering me.
Further information can be found at david-rooks.webnode.com/
6 December 2022
No responses have been received to our questions from this candidate
|Phone Contact||Email Address|
|0418 115 firstname.lastname@example.org|