BCRRA’s recommendations to Bass Coast Shire Council from the 2020 survey were:
- Improve transparency by increasing feedback to the community and publishing criteria and KPI’s used to make decisions on council website.
- Continue live streaming of meetings after the trial period.
- Consider rate relief in lieu of deferral for extreme hardship.
- Continually review the quality and the method of community engagement.
- Maintain a focus on basic services
- Ensure ratepayers receive best value available for money
- Continue strong advocacy for urgent government assistance to remediate coastal erosion
Council’s response follows below
Click here to download a copy
See full survey report here