To view the archived video livestream of the meeting you can access it here.
To read a copy of the minutes from this meeting, click here.
(Attachments to the minutes can be downloaded from Council’s website here).
A brief summary of items that may be of interest to the community follows below.
• Public questions submitted and answered. To view these, please click here
• Cr Bauer’s motion for Bass Coast Shire to write to the Minister for local Government requesting that a uniform colour code for the lids of rubbish bins for all municipalities in Victoria was adopted.
• The application by Dandy Pre-Mix Quarries to expand sand extraction at 1381 – 1395 Bass Highway Grantville will not be supported by Council in its current form. This application is to be considered by the Minister of Planning next month.
• An application to refurbish and extend the accommodation of the old “Hollywood Hotel” motel at 349 Church St Cowes was rejected, one reason being overdevelopment.
• Two separate applications to subdivide a corner residential allotment in McCauley View, Dalyston into two lots of 300 – 317m2 area were passed by the chairman’s casting vote.
• The Community Engagement Policy, presented in December in draft form, received 38 submissions from the community and undertook some revision as a consequence. The revised Policy was adopted by Council, who also undertook to review the Communications and Engagement Strategy 2018in the next year.
• Funding applications to Sport & Recreation Victoria will be made to assist with the Thompson Reserve Inverloch Cricket and Multi-Purpose Training Space and the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Pavilion Upgrade projects.
• Grant applications will be made to Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program to apply for funding to deliver the 2021 Sports Pavilion Project (Phillip Island Croquet Club, Wonthaggi Croquet Club and Wonthaggi Tennis Club pavilions) and the 2021 Field Lighting Project (Phillip Island Football Netball Club, Dalyston Football Netball Club and Inverloch Kongwak Football Netball Club).
• The Councillor Code of Conduct 2021 was adopted
• Mayoral and Councillor allowances are to remain as set in November 2020, after a review period with no submissions having been made.
• Council received the 2020/21 Major Initiatives, Finance and Capital Works Second Quarter Report