To view the archived video livestream of the meeting you can access it here.
To read a copy of the minutes from this meeting, click here
(Attachments to the minutes can be downloaded from Council’s website here).
A brief summary of items that may be of interest to the community follows below.
• Public questions submitted and answered. To view these, please click here
• Council affirmed its commitment to the delivery of affordable housing, including provision of emergency and social housing. Council has identified suitable surplus State Government land and has written to the Director for Housing to enquire about releasing the land to increase supply of affordable housing in the municipality. Council is seeking State government assistance to undertake important strategic work to ensure the provision of the right type of housing occurs in the right locations in our municipality.
• Cr Clare Le Serve put a motion for the Victorian Government to purchase the GMH Proving Ground site at Lang Lang. Council agreed to progress this by writing to the State Government, requesting they purchase the Holden Proving Ground Site at Lang Lang. Also by writing to the Minister for Planning to recommending the significance of site be recognised and protected within the Statement of Planning Policy currently being prepared as part of the Distinctive Areas and Landscapes project
• Council allocated additional funds of $110,000 to the Inverloch netball court redevelopment and change pavilion project. The original contract value totalled $940,000. This cost blowout is attributed to
– a larger area of unsuitable ground conditions than originally anticipated
– Power supply upgrade and additional electrical works not previously identified
– Modifications to new coaches box and shed for O H & S reasons
– Additional perimeter fencing, gates, bollard protection and asphalt works
• Council allocated $127,000 to fully or partly fund 43 Community Grant applications
• Architects Jackson Clement Burrows Pty Ltd were appointed to complete the redesign of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre with a contract value of $1,348,360 plus GST.
• The draft COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy was endorsed.
• Council authorised an increase of $3.57 million in their interim loan facility with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia from $8.17 million to $11.74 million.
• Council adopt their Fees and Charges Register for 2020/21
(N.B. BCRRA understands that there were no increases to existing 2019/20 Fees and Charges)